The IgG4 Food Antibodies - Bloodspot 30*™ is a blood spot test that measures the total IgG levels that react to common food antigens. The test kit is simple enough for the patient to use at home.
Why choose the Bloodspot IgG Food Antibodies Profile?
From a simple finger stick, the Bloodspot IgG4 Food Antibodies Profile offers a non-invasive alternative to a blood draw in determining IgG food reactions. Responses to 30 different foods are tested, and responses are categorized by severity from borderline to mild, moderate, or severe on the report.
Features of blood spot testing:
- Easy to implement in any practice and great option for follow-up testing
- Does not require venipuncture
- Cost-effective testing and therapy
- Easy enough for patients to use at home
- Offers the same levels of precision and reproducibility as standard methods
Why choose IgG food allergy testing?
IgG4 antibodies are associated with non-atopic or "delayed" food reactions that can worsen or contribute to many health conditions. Food sensitivities can occur at any age, triggering a wide range of symptoms. The Bloodspot IgG4 Food Antibody Profile
measures levels of IgG4 antibodies specific to 30 commonly offending foods clearly identifying foods causing patient reactions. Testing aids the clinician in the specific dietary change that is needed, helping to achieve positive outcomes sooner, even when combined with elimination or provocation testing.
Common offending foods eaten frequently and typically hard to avoid:
- Foods processed with molds such as black tea, breads, and fruit juices
0076 - IgG4 Food Antibodies - Bloodspot 30*
*Not available in New York