The ION® (Individual Optimal Nutrition) is a combination of nutritional tests that measure levels vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and organic, fatty and amino acids. Using the combination of nutritional testing profiles, the ION® offers a complete evaluation of nutritional functions that impact patients' mental and physical well-being.
Over time, functional nutritional deficiencies can result in a variety of chronic health conditions. The ION® nutritional testing profile can help determine the basis for these conditions.
Nutritional testing profiles included in the ION® nutritional test:
- Organix nutritional test profile - reveals nutritional and metabolic impairments
- Amino Acid nutritional test profile - determines essential amino acid imbalances that affect both physical and mental function
- Nutrient and Toxic Element test profile - identifies a patient's toxic burden and mineral status
- Fatty Acid nutritional test profile - helps identify theright balance of fatty acids that can impact health and development
- Antioxidant Vitamins test - measures vitamins involved in antioxidant functions
- Coenzyme Q10 nutritional test - measures total body status ofthis antioxidant nutrient and energy pathway cofactor
- Lipid Peroxides nutritional test - measures total serum lipid peroxidation, an indication of whole body free radical activity
- Homocysteine test - identifies total homocysteine in plasma and elevated levels are an independent risk factor for premature cardiovascular disease and atherothrombotic cerebrovascular disease
The ION® nutritionaltest profile is helpful in cases of:
- Heart Disease: where deficiencies of magnesium, taurine, carnitine, fatty acids and other important substances commonly accompany heart disease. Re#45;supplying depleted nutrients greatly aids in prevention and recovery.
- Obesity and Weight Issues: often people battling obesity and weight issues have multiple nutritional deficiencies. Dietary improvement and nutritional supplementation based on ION® test results help many achieve more active metabolism. In the process, they are able to eliminate excess fat and fluid.
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome: an enigmatic disorder that frequently involves mitochondrial inefficiencies (deficits in cellular energy production) that can be revealed by comparing the organic acids, aminoacids, and minerals test results.
- Immune System Disorders: where nutritional deficiencies come in a wide variety, from amino acids to fatty acids to zinc.
- Mood Disorders: often have underlying biochemical imbalances which are revealed by testing for organic acids, aminoacids, minerals, and fatty acids.
- Multiple Chemical Sensitivities: functional nutrient levels are affected, including many of those involved in cellular respiration. The ION® profile can determine where imbalances occur.
0090 -ION® Profile*
0190 -ION® Profile NY
0490 -ION® Profile w/Amino Acids 40*
0590 -ION® Profile w/ Amino Acids 40 NY
*Not available in New York
Method: 0090: LC/MS#45;MS, HPLC, UPLC, ICP/MS, GC/MS, Spectrophotometry, Chemiluminescence 0068: Spectrophotometry, Automated Chemistry