Why Test Fatty Acids?
- Improve patient compliance: Testing guides and supports your recommendations for higher doses of fatty acid supplements
- Inflammatory balance: Improper fatty acid intake affects the balance of anti- and pro-inflammatory eicosanoids, increasing health risks
- Statins: Among the top five drugs prescribed last year, statins have been shown to unfavorably alter this inflammatory balance.
- Increased free radical production: Consumption ofpolyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFAs) without increasing antioxidantintake will cause increased production of free radicals.
- Immune suppression: Excessive consumption of omega-3 fatty acids can suppress immune function, leading to infections and poor wound healing.
0040 - Fatty Acids (plus ratios)