The Organix Profile provides a view into the body's cellular metabolic processes and the efficiency of metabolic function. Identifying metabolic blocks that can be treated nutritionally allows individual tailoring of interventions to help maximize patient responses and lead to improved patient outcomes.
Advantages of the Organix Basic Profile
- Innovative Method - The LC/MS-MS method, which is also used to screen newborns for metabolic disorders, requires very little sample preparation and processing. This technology provides more stability, accuracy, and sensitivity in measuring organic acids at low levels for optimum test results.
- Single Urine Specimen - A single overnight urine collection is easy for patients, leading to increased patient compliance.
- Follow-up Testing Option - The Organix Basic offers an easy and affordable follow-up testing option to monitor targeted therapy in patients when dysbiosis markers are unneeded.
Why use an organic acids test?
Organic acids are metabolic intermediates produced in pathways of central energy production, detoxification, neurotransmitter breakdown, and intestinal microbial activity. Accumulation of specific organic acids in urine often signals a metabolic inhibition or block. This abnormality may be due to a nutrient deficiency, an inherited enzyme deficit, toxic build-up, or drug effect. An organic acids urine test helps reveal activity and changes at the metabolic level, helping practitioners discover hidden issues and pinpoint where therapeutic focus is needed.
- 0291 - Organix Basic Profile
- 3291 - Organix Basic Profile NY
Method: LC/MS-MS Tandem Mass Spectrometry
*Not available in New York
Overnight Urine, 12 ml, frozen